Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Planning for the Next Challenge

I've decided to walk away from Ideal Protein for a while to focus on another goal I have in transforming the way I look and how I eat. Years ago I read Body for Life by Bill Phillips and attempted the challenge he describes. It was a failure.

Now that I've completed 50+ days on IP, I feel I have a better handle on how to eat and how to be healthy. My next goal is to lose an additional 10 pounds of flab and gain back 15 pounds of muscle. Ideally, I'd like to be 175 pounds lean and strong. Instead of flabs of steel, I'd like to look in the mirror and be able to see some muscle definition. To that end, I've decided to try the Body for Life challenge. It'll be 84 days beginning June 27 and ending September 17. If I can lose 25 pounds in 53 days, gaining 15 in 84 days has got to be a cinch!

In getting ready for the challenge, I'm planning my meals and workout routines. A good part of my day (after coming home from the beach and viewing a little inspiration) was dedicated to planning a 1700 calorie/day diet that is healthy fat, low carb, and high protein. It still has some tweaking, I'll work on that more tomorrow. I'm excited that I'll have six meals a day, most under 300 calories. I'll get to reintroduce fruit, whole grains, and yams. I'll also have a once per week splurge day to eat whatever it is I care to, pizza, nachos, fries...you name it! If I want a bag of Oreos and a gallon of milk for dinner, so be it.

Once I'm finished creating my meal and workout plans, I'll share the links like I have the IP items. I'm excited to begin this new part of the journey, I'm excited to begin back at the gym to work off some of the daily frustrations and stresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment