Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Phasing Out

The kids arrived a couple of weeks ago and since its been a tough battle trying to prepare two sets of meals breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I need to take a break from protocol eating and return to real-life. In phase two of IP, instead of consuming their packets three times per day, you reduce to two and prepare two dinner-like meals. In phase three, only one IP packet (for snacktime) and the reintroduction of carbs to the diet for breakfast. Its frustrating in many respects that I'm working on week six of the plan and I have probably another four weeks of phasing out.

I just don't know if I want to keep this up. Perhaps today is a low moment, perhaps its been a few weeks of low moments. I need to be able to go back to the gym, to play soccer with some stamina, and not feel like I'm constantly on restriction. I want to eat like a real person again, to enjoy a glass of wine or eat a chocolate chip cookie without guilt. Four more weeks of lean protein and no carbs is beginning to feel like a punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment