Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A big shift...


Six weeks on IP, I've lost 25 pounds and look great (when all my trouble spots are hidden by clothing). When the clothes come off, my stomach looks just like a deflated latex balloon. Its flabby, wrinkly, and jiggles. My upper body has little muscle definition and my arms are toothpicks. I like the weight-loss, I do NOT like the way my body looks after the rapid deflation.

Its time for me to start the next stage in my journey, I'm leaving the IP protocol on Sunday and am beginning the Body For Life challenge. Its a 12 week program with many of the same components of IP, really its just Phase 3 of IP adding aerobic exercise and weight lifting. I first read the book when I was at BYU in '99 when my friend Krista and I found ourselves looking and feeling flabby. We agreed to enter the challenge and somewhere along the way got sidetracked. I never completed the challenge, instead I proceeded to gain another 40 pounds to get to my highest weight ever (260 pounds).

With six weeks of IP eating under my belt, I think I have the discipline to follow the eating guidelines set forth. Before IP, I was working out 3-4x week. If I can couple the two, eat enough lean calories, increase the intensity of my workouts, and track my progress I believe I'll hit my goal right before my 39th birthday and the trip to Mexico I'm rewarding myself with.

No comments:

Post a Comment